users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Observations on the V3 updatetool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:40:11 PDT

Thanks Snjezana,

When I got back to my home office( proxy style) I could switch on the proxy in the updatetool preferences and it works.

Perhaps it is only the bootstrap case where the proxy isn't work for me. [ I tested the proxy with other connections]. Went to dunkin' doughnuts and got gfv3 humming from there. This is just feedback on the proxy mechanism.

Side note:
The 3.1 entity jpa controller all the way to jsf jsp pages is an awesome turn for development(Netbeans & gfv3). And the facelet template wizards. These tools can really grow and make a difference. Gets the first pass of development over and then a developer can go back over it and add more sophistication on a second pass.

And I can't say enough about 3.1 dropping the whole thing from three projects(war-ejb-ear) to one ent war project and the improvements this brings for development, deployment and maintenance...
[Message sent by forum member 'rimartin7' (rimartin7)]