users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Achieving Load balancing + HA on two servers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:42:55 PDT

Hi Kshitiz

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Sry I pointed incorrect error, i am actally getting 'unable to connect' error

When you say deploying lb on HOST2, I am assuming that it will involve configuring the server(HOST2) in similar terms of HOST1, that is I'll have to create a new cluster2 which will have two new instances i3 and i4 running one each on HOST1 and HOST2. And before that would also need to create two node agents on HOST2 as the existing node agent are in DAS which is functioning on HOST1.

All in all if I am interpreting correctly you are suggesting me to run both the machines as DAS, [b]each[/b] having one cluster, two node agents and two instances each. And then configure lb on both such that the application is available on following IPs
http://HOST1/clusterjsp and http://HOST2/clusterjsp

And then configure these two HOSTS on a hardware lb balancer

Question1: Please let me know if my assumption is correct

Question2: Do I really need DAS and clustering if i intent to go for external h/w load balancer ?I mean I can simply deploy the application on two indipendent instnaces on two servers and reference them to h/w load balancer.
I guess the difference would lie in whether I want session persistence and hadb as a part of my solution.
Please let me know your opinion about it.

Regards
Anzy
FYI: Both of my servers are Solaris Sparc
[Message sent by forum member 'anzy' (anzy)]