users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Redeploying webapp fails frequently

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 20:36:05 PDT

I have tired, unsuccessfully so far, to produce a minimal testcase for this problem. Is it possible to instead give me a debug drop of Glassfish that would output more information in this kind of failure?

For example, is it possible for oracle.toplink.essentials.ejb.cmp3.EntityManagerFactoryProvider.createEntityManagerFactory() to list what files it *does* see inside the JAR if it can't find persistence.xml? I highly suspect that it can't see the actual JAR file either and that the exception message is simply misleading.

Also please note that quite often I see this message before the reload process:

PWC1635: Illegal access: this web application instance has been stopped already (the eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which caused the illegal access, and has no functional impact)

It could be related to the failure somehow. The webapp ends up in a status where it is listed as deployed, yet you can't use it and if you try reloading it the above message occurs. Shouldn't Glassfish prevent such "zombie" webapps from showing up as deployed?

Thank you,
Gili
[Message sent by forum member 'cowwoc' (cowwoc)]