users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What's advanteges of JPA? Basic question about this technology.

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:29:04 +0200

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
[...]
> I would like ask you how you solve problems i described in my first post
> in 3-tier architecture. I dont imagine database which could be accessed
> only through AS. What happen in futurue when somebody will need another
> application or middleware working with database without AS?
[...]

JPA doesn't require to run inside an application server, actually you can
pretty well use it for standalone applications. So overally this migration
would be alot easier than, in example, following your managements decision
to use DB2 rather than Oracle in the next release while having built all
your application logic directly to the database. ;)
Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink