users@glassfish.java.net

Re: What's advanteges of JPA? Basic question about this technology.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 01:08:36 PDT

I am working with Oracle Forms (really cool tool - i dont understand why oracle dont sell something like dthis in java - ADF is so far from this) and Java, JSP, JDBC. But i am not comparing i ask on advateges of this technology why u use it and i send few question which i find as a problem and disadvanteges.

I understand that O-R mapping can save my time comparing using JDBC but i find lot of feature what i dont want - and i can imagine that others developers want them = i am not right ot there are some tricks.

And about toplink and oracle AS - of course i read something (and i pass official oracle course about j2ee too) and find lot of this material as marketing output as u can read in my first question. Cache, Pooling, Roles etc.
[Message sent by forum member 'anorganic' (anorganic)]