users@glassfish.java.net

osgi v3 "application versioning"

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:44:06 PDT

I was just curious if the ability to do "application versioning" (ie. the ability to deploy multiple versions of the same application to the same cluster / instance) was still on the roadmap (I'm not even sure if it was ever on the roadmap but I do remember it being mentioned).

If it is, granted v3 isn't done yet, is there a way to test and play with this now? What would be a way to get started testing this?

This feature is extremely helpful for teams that do concurrent development of releases and you don't have the resources to setup servers for every release of every team.

Thanks,
Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]