users@glassfish.java.net

Database synchronization

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 11:53:13 PDT

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some tests concerning JPA operations in EJB 3 beans.

For example a column in the database is created via the persist() method of the entity manager. Then I delete this column directly from the database by sql (in order to repeat the test).

But this column still exists in the cache of the app server causing the retest to fail.

Is it possible to tell the app server to synchronize with the database or not to cache database data at all ?

I'm using glassfish with derby database.

Thanks for your help.

Ralph
[Message sent by forum member 'ralph_jaus' (ralph_jaus)]