users@glassfish.java.net

Observations on the V3 updatetool

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 06:28:53 PDT

This is on Windows Vista. I'm using the glassfish V3 that came with Netbeans 6.5 beta, c:\glassfish-v3-prelude-b15b.

1) The c:\glassfish-v3-prelude-b15b shows up twice in the image tree. This is without any opening and closing of images by the user.

2) If glassfish is running it gets the installed list quickly. If glassfish is not running the updatetool goes nonresponsive for long periods of time during collecting the installed list. Touch the list with the mouse in any way and it goes nonresponsive.

3) The Available Addons and Available Updates timeout with a 502 on the http://pkg.glassfish.org/dev/windows/gf3000_2000/ repository. It times out rather quickly. This is the only site I'm getting a 502. Anyway to check on the repository's status?

4) Error messages and the installed list can not be copied to clipboard.

5) No way to get V3 humming besides using the updatetool? I know there is pkg/bin/pkg install metro_at_1.2-1 type of commands but how does one know the versioning? The names of all possibilities?
[Message sent by forum member 'rimartin7' (rimartin7)]