users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Publishing a web API using glassfish, is there an easy way?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:09:18 PDT

Here's what we did:
Install Apache CXF (Chasing down lots of jars)
Wrote an interface (in a separate package) for the service we wanted to export.
Wrote an instance of the service that connected to our system.
Used the JaxWsServerFactoryBean to create a server, specifying
the interface as the service class (setServiceClass()).
Gave the customer the javadoc for the package with the interface in it
Customer wrote a NET client for it.
It got us through the prototype testing, but was never deployed for political
reasons (overall project went to another bidder).
This isn't integrated with glassfish at all, but your service implementation
could do the lookups and use whatever system you have.
Not sure if this helps.
[Message sent by forum member 'cobrien' (cobrien)]