users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start domain

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 05:22:42 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> You want me to physically create a notepad file called password.txt with the following text:
>
> AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=mypassword
> AS_ADMIN_MASTERPASSWORD=changeit
>
> ?

Yes with your choosen passwords.
> Where should I put this file
you can put it anywhere you like.

> I tried starting the domain with the following command:
>
> asadmin start-domain --user Admin --passwordfile adminadmin
>
> I also tried creating a password.txt file and placing it in the home directory as you said and tried the following command:
>
> asadmin start-domain --user Admin --passwordfile /password.txt
>
> but I got the same error.

If you are in windows, say for example if you created the password.txt
file in c:\
try asadmin start-domain --user Admin --passwordfile c:\password.txt
if you are in unix and created a file in /home/joe
try asadmin start-domain --user Admin --passwordfile /usr/joe/password.txt

One important thing is to make sure you don't put any extra space next
to the password. Often people make a mistake of pressing the space bar
when they enter the password in the password.txt file
like when you put
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=youradminpassword
in your password file make sure there are no extra space after "d" character