users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start domain

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 04:32:33 PDT

You want me to physically create a notepad file called password.txt with the following text:

AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=mypassword
AS_ADMIN_MASTERPASSWORD=changeit

?
Where should I put this file?

I tried starting the domain with the following command:

asadmin start-domain --user Admin --passwordfile adminadmin

I also tried creating a password.txt file and placing it in the home directory as you said and tried the following command:

asadmin start-domain --user Admin --passwordfile /password.txt

but I got the same error.

(What does it mean when you put the "$" symbol in front of the HOME directory?)

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'theyuv' (theyuv)]