users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can not start domain

From: Sankar Neelakandan <Sankar.Neelakandan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 04:16:44 -0700

start the domain using the following command

asadmin start-domain --user <admin user> --passwordfile <passwordfile>

example

If I created domain with admin user as "administrator" and admin
password as "mypassword" and if it is a developer profile domain
masterpassword is "changeit" by default

asadmin start-domain --user admin --passwordfile /password.txt

my password.txt has the following entries

AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=mypassword
AS_ADMIN_MASTERPASSWORD=changeit

Please let me know how it works out.

Also make sure you do this.

1. delete .asadminpass file under your $HOME directory
2. check the shell/cmd env for any AS_ADMIN_USER or
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORDFILE variables set in environment. If it exists unset
them.
3. install AS bits
4. use --user --passwordfile options to start the domain ?.

-Sankar