users@glassfish.java.net

BouncyCastle provider not found

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 00:58:53 PDT

I've installed the BouncyCastle cryptography provider on my system (Intel Mac running OS X 10.5.4, java version "1.5.0_13"), placing bcprov-jdk15-140.jar in /Library/Java/Extensions and adding the line
security.provider.8=org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
to java.security. I have verified that it's correctly installed by running a Standard Edition application which uses it.

However, when I try to run my Enterprise app in GlassFish 9.1_01, which uses BouncyCastle, I get the following error:
java.security.NoSuchProviderException: no such provider: BC
when my code attempts to execute the following line:
factory = KeyFactory.getInstance(algorithm, "BC");

Do I need to do something more to get GlassFish to recognize the BouncyCastle provider?
[Message sent by forum member 'reeder' (reeder)]