users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem launching a Application Client module

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:52:30 PDT

Hi, Harald.

Let me answer carefully... Either 1.5 or 1.6 should be fine for GlassFish on the server side. For the automatic support for Java Web Start there are problems with the more recent updates to Java SE 6; it looks like starting in Java SE 6 update 7. We need to change a few things in GlassFish to fix that problem when running with the later SE 6 updates; that has not happened yet.

I have not heard of any version-specific problems with GlassFish and Java Web Start with Java SE 5.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]