users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Actrivating backup lb in 2 server clustered enviroment

From: Pankaj Jairath <Pankaj.Jairath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 17:15:08 +0530

Regarding mentioning in the release notes. This is an understood fact -
HTTP load balancer (software) component by itself does not guarantee the
availability of the hosting m/c / process. This issue is always
addressed by mechanisms (not an exhaustive list) mentioned earlier.
Basically, software load balancer the guarantees the availability of the
application tier. You can think this too as some sort of ip binding -
incoming n/w traffic on fronting ip is mapped over different ips in the
backend.

That said, could you confirm the mechanism for ip binding - the manual
change.