users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Launch application using windows file association

From: august2008 <b.menting_at_amnesty.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 01:10:27 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the answer. I knew I was asking for trouble, but I was hoping
that, knowing the dangers, it would still be possible to launch a local
application.

While reading your answer I thought of another solution, launching the file
as URL! And that works! I actually do not mind if the application is opened
itself, or via the explorer. (It will be mainly readonly word and pdf).

As much fun as writing a listener for each PC might be... I am happy with
what I got now.

Kind regards, Bert.