users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How can I get the mapping for the JSP and compiled Servlet.

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:35:51 -0700

Peng,

The JSP compiler automatically generates a source map (SMAP) according
to JSR 045.
The SMAP serves to associate lines of the input JSP file(s) to lines in
the generated servlet .class file.

This can be disabled by setting the "suppressSmap" init-param of the
JspServlet to "false"
(either globally in your domain's default-web.xml, or for an individual
app).

You may also instruct the JSP compiler to dump the SMAP into a file
(named for the generated
servlet .class file, and suffixed by ".smap") by setting the "dumpSmap"
init-param of the
JspServlet to "true".

Jan