users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Commons Logging and Log4J

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:39:12 PDT

Hi Kristian!

Thanks for your detailed input on the isssue!

I did not try to remove the app I only re-deployed it - will try whether the configuration file changes
are applied after doing so....

Thanks for suggesting SLF4J - Honestly while doing research on the subject this was the first time I read about it here and there...
Do I get you right: You're using SLF4J in combination with log4j to realize logging in your own applications? How about SLF4J integration into Glassfish? Painless?

Are you able to provide some sample code for the JMX log4j config reloader bean?

And you're absolutely right - Glassfish just rocks in comparsion to JBoss - the logging issue is the first slightly annoying fact about it...

Thanks,

Henning
[Message sent by forum member 'henningmalzahn' (henningmalzahn)]