users@glassfish.java.net

Re: domain.xml for Rails

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:23:01 +0200

On Aug 20, 2008, at 11:05, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> I am trying to setup Glassfish for rails. I got the basics to work
> and my app is running, but I would like to do more for production
> deployment. I can hardly find enough documentation by Googling on
> the net, so I have the following questions. I think I will be set to
> go once I get these answered.
>
> 1) In which file do you specify environment (production/development)
> for Glassfish?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "environment". Do you mean
"profile" [1] (developer, cluster, enterprise)?

> 2) Is it possible to deploy your rails app at ROOT context of
> Glassfish?
> The only thing I understand right now is domain.xml. I couldn't find
> options for setting those anywhere.

Right, the setting is provided in the WAR file or at deploy time. See
this http://blogs.sun.com/alexismp/entry/glassfish_tip_have_your_application

hth,
-Alexis
[1]: http://blogs.sun.com/alexismp/entry/glassfish_sjs_as_in_production