users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Technical Prezo - OSGi Intro and Overview

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:09:29 +0530

Currently there is no standard way of using OSGi facilities in Java EE
applications. We are exploring ways to make it happen, nothing is
currently available yet. We have some ideas about how to do it and
firmly believe we can make it available in near future. Since our first
priority has been to make Java EE applications run on v3, we have not
focused on making any extensions at this point of time. It is definitely
in our radar as you can see it being mentioned in our one-pager:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/attach/V3FunctionalSpecs/GFv3Prelude-OSGi-onepager-v0.2.txt

Thanks,
Sahoo