users@glassfish.java.net

Way to reference ejbs in a different jar file without <ejb-local-ref> tag

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:36:36 PDT

Hi,

We are migrating an application from weblogic to glassfish. We were able to reference ejbs in a different jar file with out the <ejb-local-ref> tag in the bean descriptor in weblogic. The same fails in glassfish. Is there a work around for this? We are using ejb2.x

One more question, as I'm new to EJB I'm not able to figure out how the following stuff is working:

        <ejb>
            <ejb-name>OMViewFacade</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb.omservices.OMViewFacadeLocalHome</jndi-name>
            <bean-pool/>
        </ejb>

context.lookup("java:comp/env/OMViewFacade");

The above lookup is fetching the local-home interface even though is has been bound to 'ejb.omservices.OMViewFacadeLocalHome' . Please let me know how this is working.

Thanks
Suneel
[Message sent by forum member 'suneelgv' (suneelgv)]