users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Sun's Migration Tool...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:54:45 PDT

A few things to note.

For migrating to glassfish, download and use the Migration Tool from https://migrate2glassfish.dev.java.net/ site ( download url : https://migrate2glassfish.dev.java.net/downloads/downloads.html ) not from http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tools/migration/ . That contains the migration tool for SJSAS 9 and previous versions of SJSAS.

See http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=M2G-onlineHelp for installation, setup and using the migration tool.

There is no need to set the classpath-suffix in &lt;java-config> element in domain.xml. You will notice that this step is not there in the http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=M2G-onlineHelp

You can invoke the migration tool using either gui or cmd line. Follow the link "Invoking the Migration Tool" http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=M2G-onlineHelp for more info and examples. I personally prefer the cmd line usage.

The java.util.MissingResourceException exception you encountered is a bug. Please file an issue on https://migrate2glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues IssueTracker for this. The bug can mask the real problem which is that InputArchive was specified in GUI but no archive file ( war/ear/jar file ) was specified (this is as far as I can tell just by looking at the code).

The DD should be bundled in an ear/war/jar file. I used war only as an example in my previous post. As Vince pointed out, exporting a WebSphere application does produce an archive with all the necessary WebSphere specific DDS. The GF Migration tool assumes that the archive used as input is J2EE / Java EE compatible (it does perform some checks).
[Message sent by forum member 'sekhar' (sekhar)]