users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using Sun's Migration Tool...

From: <Vince.Power_at_medavie.bluecross.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:32:54 -0300

Export the EAR, JAR, or WAR from WebSphere and then it will contain the
WebSphere Deployment Descriptors, here are some of the files you will want
to look for.

EAR:
META-INF/ibm-application-ext.xmi
META-INF/ibm-application-bnd.xmi
META-INF/.modulemaps
META-INF/ibmconfig/cells/defaultCell/security.xml
META-INF/ibmconfig/cells/defaultCell/applications/defaultApp/deployments/defaultApp/variables.xml
META-INF/ibmconfig/cells/defaultCell/applications/defaultApp/deployments/defaultApp/resources.xml
META-INF/ibmconfig/cells/defaultCell/applications/defaultApp/deployments/defaultApp/deployment.xml

WAR:
WEB-INF/ibm-web-ext.xmi
WEB-INF/ibm-web-bnd.xmi

EJB JAR:
META-INF/ibm-ejb-jar-bnd.xmi
META-INF/ibm-ejb-jar-ext.xmi

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org
08/18/2008 01:05 PM
Please respond to
users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net

users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
cc

Subject
Re: Using Sun's Migration Tool...

Sekhar - In your response, you indicated a specific order of steps
beginning with creating the web app WAR file. I only have the JARs and
Websphere EARs for the applications I am tasked to convert. I went ahead
and ran each of the EARs through the verifier - getting all ZEROs
indicating no errors. But, I'm still not clear on how to go forward with
the migration tool. I apparently am missing something because I do not
have the websphere DDs for these EAR files (though I assume they are
embedded) or something. I consistently get the error: [code]Exception in
thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't
 find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key
ASMTGUI.ErrorMsg
FileDoesnotExists[/code] when trying the migration tool. I am thinking I
perhaps did not set up something correctly???

for example: ASMT instructions on Sun website indicates adding entries to
the domain.xml file (without being very clear on how or on syntax) - I
made some assumptions and have the following entry in the java-config tag:
[code]<java-config
classpath-suffix="C:\Java\SDK\addons\accessmanager\amWebServicesProvider.jar,C:\Java\SDK\asmt\lib\asmt-rt.jar,C:\Java\SDK\asmt\lib\classes12.zip"
debug-enabled="false" debug-options="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9009"
env-classpath-ignored="true" java-home="${com.sun.aas.javaRoot}"
javac-options="-g" rmic-options="-iiop -poa -alwaysgenerate -keepgenerated
-g" system-classpath="">[/code]
I tried both with and without commas in the classpath-suffix element, but
in either case I get the same error message... Any idea what I am doing
wrong with the migration tool?

Da Lizard
[Message sent by forum member 'loungelizard' (loungelizard)]