users@glassfish.java.net

application start priority

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:10:34 PDT

I have two separate applications: App-A and App-B. App-B consumes web services provided by App-A, but to be able to start App-B, App-A must be up an running. If both applications are deployed to the same domain instance the App-A must always start prior to App-B. Is there any way that I can set a priority on the applications to ensure that App-A is started first?

Or is there a better way of handling inter-application communication other than simply web services?

Thanks...
[Message sent by forum member 'cmathrusse' (cmathrusse)]