users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How can I checkout the source that directly matches V2 UR2 Final Build

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:52:03 PDT

> The start-database.1 manpage file is picked-up from
> appserv-docs/sman/cat1/start-database.1 and packaged
> in admin-cli.jar when building admin-cli module.
> Check if admin-cli.jar contains the modified
> start-database.1 manpage.

This statement is no longer true. Modifications to files in appserv-docs/sman/cat1 will [b]not[/b] appear in admin-cli.jar.

The man pages are supplied in a single JAR file that is built from files that are not released as open source. The build process has been changed to set a binary dependency on this JAR file. As a result of this change to the build process, modifications to man pages are handled by working in collaboration with the GlassFish documentation community.

All files in appserv-docs/sman/ are obsolete and, to avoid precisely this situation, should have been removed from the GlassFish source code. I requested that these files be removed, but they were not.

> Before you submit a patch, you may want to propose
> this change to QA and Doc teams and the changes
> reviewed by Dev.

And if this change is approved and committed to the GlassFish code base, the GlassFish doumentation community will work to ensure that the documentation is updated as required.
[Message sent by forum member 'pauldavies' (pauldavies)]