users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Derby DB / How to increase Heap Size / asadmin start-database

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:25:57 PDT

I modified Glassfish to accept a "--jvmoptions" parameter to the "start-database" command. I want to submit this as a patch, but I would like to make sure that the documentation part of the source is updated (so that using asadmin help start-database) will have the new option.

I ran into a problem getting this to work and right now I am in crunch mode on a project and away from my development environment. Once I get back and get a chance I will put together a patch and propose it.

It is a very simple change so that you can do something like:

asadmin start-database --jvmoptions="-Xmx512m -Xms256m"

for example.
[Message sent by forum member 'bbergquist' (bbergquist)]