users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish + SQL Server?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:12:47 PDT

For some reason, I cannot get Glassfish to locate the driver from sqljdbc.jar.

I've tried placing it directly in my <GF_INSTALL>/lib, <GF_INSTALL>/domains/domain/lib, <GF_INSTALL>/domains/domain1/lib/ext as well as adding the jar to the server classpath prefix.

No matter what I get "Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for : com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource" or whichever driver I choose.

I have the v 1.2 sqljdbc.jar from MSFT's web site and I can connect fine through NetBeans database browser and JDBC within NetBeans apps using that data source.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
[Message sent by forum member 'seancc' (seancc)]