users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Error Connecting To MySQL

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:19:30 -0400

Are you using the MySQL jdbc driver?

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: glassfish_at_javadesktop.org [mailto:glassfish_at_javadesktop.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:37 AM
To: users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Subject: Error Connecting To MySQL

Hi,
I am new to glassfish and am trying to port my old application to it. I need to connect to MySQL database. I have configured a connection pool in glassfish and it is connecting to DB. Now when I try to access the connection pool from Java code I get the following error
[i]java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc30.DataSource30
        at com.boltzmann.ecohols.InitDBConnection.init(InitDBConnection.java:32)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:254)[/i]
Could any one please help me out on this?
Any idea or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
[Message sent by forum member 'ajaych' (ajaych)]