users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Help with virtual IPs - two domains on same servers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:32:30 PDT

Well, after two straight days of trying different things, I guess this just isn't possible. Editing the nodeagent properties and das files to point to the DAS on "fishtest1" (which is a valid hostname running on a virtual interface on host fishdev2 and is also in the /etc/hosts file) causes an error when trying to start cluster instances at the download configuration step at which point it says it can't communicate with the DAS instance. (It creates the cluster instance directories, but the config dir is empty).

So for the time being, I've repointed everything to the server hostnames and run the test DAS on the opposite server the development DAS is running on and picked different ports for everything else, which is against our business/security policy rules. But at least I got it up and running.

Is this going to be possible in V3? As it stands now, I'm going to have to rearchitect our production/stage servers (which I need ready by the end of next week) using zones so I can keep the ports standard.

Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'misschatter' (misschatter)]