users@glassfish.java.net

Default directory for database storage

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 02:56:05 PDT

I'm working on easy setup of glassfish domain for developer. That's works great, buit since yesterday I've some strange problems with database storage directory.

Until my test on using create-domain with --template all my databases were stored under the folder ....\glassfish-v2ur2-b04\databases, there was the derby.log file, too.

But now, if I run asadmin start-database, databases will be stored in my current working direcotry (where I run asadmin start-database) and not more longer under ..\glassfish-v2ur2-b04\databases

One co-worker has a glassfish installation, there works it fine and save all databases in ...\glassfish\databases.
Another co-worker told me, that the database was never saved there, ever in hers current working directory. She has no databases folder under glassfish.
Ad there is me.

She uses Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (build b58g-fcs) (databases always saved in current working directory)
He uses Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs) (databases are always saved in .../gf/databases/)
I use Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_02 (build b04-fcs) (behaviour switched from gf/databases to current working directory.

Any idea what's happen?
How can I tell glassfish to store it's databases into gf/databases/ ?

Thanks a lot!
[Message sent by forum member 'hegalor' (hegalor)]