users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish production url

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:47:11 +0200

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
>> ProxyPass /<contextroot>
>> http://<backend-server>:8082/<contextroot>
>> ProxyPassReverse /<contextroot>
>> http://<backend-server>:8082/<contextroot>
>
> Thanks Kristian. Thats a nice tip. Let me go through that articles.

You're welcome. There are quite some ways making apache2 proxy a backend
HTTP server; using mod_proxy in our environment so far has proven to be the
most "handy" one both in terms of maintaineance and in terms of independence
of the actual backend system (other than, in example, apache/tomcat linking
using mod_jk).

> My php scripts are installed in a different directory directly under apache document root. So it will be its own context root.

So you shouldn't have any trouble setting things up this way, here. I'd then
leave the appservers <contextroot> in your configuration, as this (as soon
as your environment gets a little more complicated and/or you do host > 1
backend applications) some basic troubleshooting will benefit from that. ;)

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink