users@glassfish.java.net

lbplugin not passing pages that end in .html through

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:32:36 PDT

Hi,

We are running SunOne 7.0 U2 webserver with the installed lbplugin for SUN Appserver (Glassfish). I've set up the loadbalancer.xml to pass the context root through to the appserver cluster, but any page in the war file that ends in .html is not passing through. Instead the webserver throws a 404 error. It looks like the web server is looking locally for the files. I've tried everything I can think of to force it, but not sure what else to do. All images, etc. come through fine - just files ending in .html don't.

I've made sure the plugin is at the top of the magnus.conf, the NameTrans directive is the first one in the server-obj.conf file, etc. Any suggestions? Someone on the Sun Web Server forum suggested setting up a reverse proxy, but that seems like a bit much when it should be passing anything under /context-root through to the appserver, right?

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'misschatter' (misschatter)]