users@glassfish.java.net

WebServiceContext is null

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:40:30 PDT

Hi All,
I've got a hello world web service, but I cannot seem to get a WebServiceContext for it. Could anyone help me review this? Here are the details:

I'm using NetBeans 5.5.1
I'm using GlassFish V2 (SJSAS 9.1)
I'm not sure which JAX-WS I'm using, I think 2.1 How do I check?
I've created the web service inside a web app project
I've created the web service CLIENT in a separate web app project (as a servlet) - to test calls to the web service.
The client is able to access the server, no problem. But the web service context is null within the service, as the following service code returns:

@WebService()
public class Hello {
    @WebMethod public String test() { return (context != null ? "OK" : "NO CONTEXT"); }
    @Resource WebServiceContext context;
}

I'd appreciate any insight.
thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'sagimann' (sagimann)]