users@glassfish.java.net

Re: http-listener-1 die

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 15:15:40 -0400

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I have the same problem:
>
> A simple program like this will cause glassfish to crash:
>
> for(int n=0;n<1000;n++)
> {
> new Thread() {
> public void run()
> {
> try
> {
> URL url = new URL("http://localhost:8080/ee");
> URLConnection uc = url.openConnection();
> BufferedReader rd = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(uc.getInputStream()));
> String line;
> while((
> line = rd.readLine()) != null)
> System.out.println(line);
> } catch(Exception e) { e.printStackTrace(); }
> }
> }.start();
> }
>
> Why is this?

Hum it might takes time (because you completely flooding your TCP stack
when doing that on the same machine), but eventually all response will
be sent ;-) I've just tested your scritp on Ubuntu

Linux ja120114-desktop 2.6.22-15-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 19:25:33 UTC
2008 i686 GNU/Linux

and it works like a charm :-)

Did you added:

<jvm-options>-Dcom.sun.enterprise.server.ss.ASQuickStartup=false</jvm-options>

That one might be, as usual, problematic. Just add it to domain.xml to
see if that help. Also re-run your test and send me:

+ jstack <PID> where PID is the process
+ Your JDK version
+ netstat -an | grep 8080

With this info I can dig and explain what's happening on you machine.
But so far http-listener-1 is *not* dead, but alive :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois