users@glassfish.java.net

RE: persisting messages using File based persistence.

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:07:41 -0400

If I'm not mistaken... file persistence is the default setup in OpenMQ, correct?

If so, are you sure that your JMS messages have the correct persistence set on them when they are created/sent? I.E. the second parameter of javax.jms.MessageProducer.send() is an integer that determines the delivery mode, which you would want to be javax.jms.DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT. You can also set a default value for the producer with javax.jms.MessageProducer.setDeliveryMode().

However, I believe all of these values do default to javax.jms.DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT, but it's worth verifying if your messages aren’t being persisted.

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com