users@glassfish.java.net

Lock wait timeout exceeded problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:54:18 PDT

Hello,

I have a message bean that calls another class' method which uses a stateless bean to read/write data to a database. I'm trying to achieve concurrency using JMS this way with/for some database operations.

So when I'm sending multiple messages for this message bean I get this error:
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [TOPLINK-4002] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0.1 (Build b04-fcs (04/11/2008))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

I am not using transaction attributes in the code. Could someone help me understand what is going on and what I have to do to solve this problem?

Thank you,
[Message sent by forum member 'coboo' (coboo)]