users@glassfish.java.net

Pages won't render

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 06:53:53 PDT

On some of our applications a page won't render the first time a URL is hit. But it will render on subsequent hits. This only happens on our clusters and not on standalone glassfish servers.

All our applications use a filter servlet to insure the user is logged in through a PeopleSoft Portal (running on WebLogic). If you are not logged in (or don't have the appropriate LDAP roles) the user is presented with an error page. This is the page that does not render.

It should be noted that the error page (jsp) is deployed in a seperate WAR file that has the "crossContextAllowed" property set in it's sun-web.xml file. The filter servlet uses a request dispatcher to forward the error jsp.

Also of note, the Glassfish cluster is loadbalance behind a Netscape server using a plugin.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Bryan
[Message sent by forum member 'bryanut' (bryanut)]