users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Maximum Deployment Size? was (RE: Cluster SynchronizationException)

From: Daniel Adelhardt <Daniel.Adelhardt_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:10:48 +0200

Hi,

the problem may (I had similar issues in the past) be caused by the fact
that the node agent spawns a JVM for the sync process and uses the
default Xmx heap settings for that jvm. If you specify a larger setting
the issues should go away. So for syncing larger apps in a clustered or
distributed environment you should apply the following settings for each
node agent:

asadmin set domain.node-agent.<node-agent-name>.property.INSTANCE-SYNC-JVM-OPTIONS="-Xmx256m"

Using -Xmx256m for 256m max Heap is just a suggestion over the jvm
default. In my deployments that was sufficient to also sync apps with
over 50m .ear files.

Please have a look at:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3679/abdkk?a=view

Daniel