users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish monitoring problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 02:50:20 PDT

I tried to start the call flow monitoring as follows

[b]asadmin start-domain domain1[/b]
[i][u][u]
This command gives me the message as
C:\DOCUME~1\MCS073~1>asadmin start-domain domain1
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to C:\Program Files\glassfish-v2ur1\domains\domain1\logs\server.l
og.
Redirecting output to C:/Program Files/glassfish-v2ur1/domains/domain1/logs/serv
er.log
Domain domain1 is ready to receive client requests. Additional services are bein
g started in background.
Domain [domain1] is running [Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01 (build b0
9d-fcs)] with its configuration and logs at: [C:\Program Files\glassfish-v2ur1\d
omains].
Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
User web applications are available at these URLs:
[http://localhost:8081 https://localhost:8181 ].
Following web-contexts are available:
[/web1 /__wstx-services /BankServletClient /HopeService /BankJSPclient ].
Standard JMX Clients (like JConsole) can connect to JMXServiceURL:
[service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://s-54539dd4b1174:8686/jmxrmi] for domain managemen
t purposes.
Domain listens on at least following ports for connections:
[8081 8181 4848 3700 3820 3920 8686 ].
Domain does not support application server clusters and other standalone instanc
es.[/u][/u][/i]

Then I gave the following command....

[b]asadmin start-callflow-monitoring server[/b]
This gives me error "[u][i]Start the instance first[/i][/u]"

Then I tried to start the instance.

[b]asadmin start-instance server[/b]

But then I get the error
C:\>asadmin start-instance server
Please enter the admin user name>admin
Please enter the admin password>
This operation failed, because it could not be handled by this domain.
An example of such an operation is creating application server instances or clus
ters when they are not supported by the given domain.
The actual error is: Operation :startServerInstance is not found in servers MBea
n.
CLI137 Command start-instance failed.

Can u help me in rectifying these errors. Actually when I use Admin GUI, it is working fine. The server instance name is "server" itself. I am able to view the data also. I just want that call flow monitoring data in a file so that I can convert into my required format.
[Message sent by forum member 'harikumarsandhya' (harikumarsandhya)]