users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Request For Comments - Embeddable GlassFish Functional Specifications

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:01:08 PDT

Submitted on behalf of Mahesh Kannan

Section 4.1.3

1. Can you explain how the ClassLoaders are setup (if any) when embedded GF starts? If we are going to use just the caller's ClassLoader please state that.

2. Are we going to support running JPA applications inside this embedded GF? Typically, JPA implementations (like TopLink) require special ClassLoaders to add Transformers to instrument classes.

3. Can you list what services will be available in the embedded GF? (Like Security, Transaction etc.)

4. If the Embedding (the caller's) VM already using a NamingManager, does the embedded GF should use that (instead of creating our NamingManager)? Please clarify.

Section 4.1.6

The example that uses ScatteredWar seem to suggest that the deployed app need not follow the regular .war structure? Can you elaborate more about the layout (if any) of the apps that can be deployed?

Also, instead of the user having to create a ScatteredWar, can we not do glassfish.deploy(String appName, File... locations)?

Can you explain what exactly is done during glassfish.stop()

Thanks,
--Mahesh
[Message sent by forum member 'bnevins' (bnevins)]