users@glassfish.java.net

Re: http-listener-1 die

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 03:58:54 PDT

The problem was solved by settings correctly ulimit in linux os configuration.

It must be set to 65536 (ulimit -l 65536).

If this value is lower glassfish goes in limbo.

Coyote works because it use less descriptor instead grizzly NIO use more descriptor with few ruquest processing thread.

p.s. about the linux settings I try to set it to etc/security/limits.conf in order to set ulimit permanently but It can't works, the settings is stored after reboot but glassfish continue to goes in limbo. So I make a script that before launch asadmin start-domain set the ulimit -l 65536.
[Message sent by forum member 'peppeme' (peppeme)]