users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Using EJBs in CometHandler (GlassFish 2 UR2)

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:52:17 -0400

[Cross posting to users_at_grizzly.dev.java.net]

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> So, in short: it must be done using a JNDI lookup.
>
> I guess Servlets 3.0 coming with JEE 6 (and thus GF3) will change the comet API completely? Grizzly's CometHandler will be probably replaced by a standard API that will support injection, I suppose?

No, Grizzly Comet will stay :-) Servlet 3.0 will supports only a subset
of what Grizzly's Comet offer. Servlet 3.0 will offer a mechanism for
suspending/resuming requests, but will not support asynchronous I/O and
tools for throttling/aggregating/filtering messages and push operations
(see [1]), which Grizzly Comet support.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

[1]