users@glassfish.java.net

Curious log message from GF v3 about jar instead of war but there is no jar

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:19:41 PDT

Hi,

I see
[#|2008-07-17T09:08:40.458-0400|SEVERE|GlassFish10.0|global|_ThreadID=19;_ThreadName=Thread-4;|Class com.ics.chemistry.modeling.SpeciationWebService is annotated with @WebService and without @Stateless but is packaged in a JAR. If it is supposed to be a servlet endpoint, it should be packaged in a WAR; Deployment will continue assuming this class to be just a POJO used by other classes in the JAR being deployed
 symbol: javax.jws.WebService
 location: class com.ics.chemistry.modeling.SpeciationWebService|#]
in the log and it is curious because the class is in the war under WEB-INF/classes and there is no jar involved.

Now I'm not needing help on this and I tried to search to see if it has been discussed before but the search is hard to narrow down.
[Message sent by forum member 'rimartin7' (rimartin7)]