users@glassfish.java.net

Common Classloader in a clustered environment?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:56:55 PDT

I'm having problems getting a web app to use a common jar file. I have a 3 machine cluster with 1 DAS machine. To use the common classloader I copied my commonlibrary.jar file into the glassfish\domains\domain1\lib\ext directory of the DAS machine. When I launch my web app and perform some function that would use the common library I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError for the common library. Why doesn't this work? I have tried restarting the server, copying the common library to the glassfish\domains\domain1\lib directory, and just about everything I could think of. This is weird because for the database connection I have an ojdbc14.jar in the glassfish\domains\domain1\lib\ext directory and it has no problems seeing and using that common library.
[Message sent by forum member 'chile62' (chile62)]