users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Application Server Noob setup

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:16:30 PDT

I found some guide to using the java db. but I got stuck at one part

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/55/using-netbeans/dbconn.html#25658

While talking about the derby database, it says to
you can start and stop the Derby server and create databases directly from the main menu by choosing Tools > Derby Database > Start Derby Server.

Where is this tools option? In application server I don't have the option to start the derby database. In my start menu there is an option to start java db but no tools option in there. Application server pings fine once I start it and fails to ping when I don't so I know derby is in the java db but I don't know where this tools option is they're talking about. They use it more later in the setup guide.
[Message sent by forum member 'mrchibai' (mrchibai)]