users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Clustering Concepts

From: Gopal Jorapur <Gopal.Jorapur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:27:29 -0700

Hi Shreyas,

Please see the following blog entry, it has all relevent links for
clustering concepts

http://blogs.sun.com/quality/entry/glassfish_for_enterprise

Also, please see inlines

Thanks,
Gopal

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am a newbie to GF and I am not very clear on certain clustering related concepts.
>
>- I want to setup a cluster spanning server instances that are running on 2 machines. This is what I have done so far.
>
>1. Installed GFv2UR2 on both these machines. Use the setup-cluster.xml script to start a domain (with clustering enabled) on each of these machines. The domain is named "domain1".
>
>2. Started node-agents on each of these machines (example: NA-MAC1, NA-MAC2)
>
>3. Start 2 instances per machine managed by those node agents.
>
>- Now, this is where my understanding goes out of the window. How do I start a single cluster that spans all these instances (2instances x 2machines)?

 From the DAS machine, you can do asadmin start-cluster, the instances
on all the machines will be started. This is centralized administration,
please see the above blog and documents from the blog for details

>- I want to deploy few EJBs on the cluster and I want to lookup these EJBs over JNDI from a stand alone Java client. Is there a way by which I could use the connection parameters of the "cluster" for the JNDI lookup and the EJB instances get created on one of the 4 instances?

I hope the following blog helps you
http://blogs.sun.com/quality/entry/ejb_availability_in_glassfish

--
<http://blogs.sun.com/quality> 	* Gopal Jorapur*