users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Stateful web service injection not working

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 07:58:51 PDT

Hi David

I've spent many time with injection and I've not found it very useful:

- lookup in the same server works well, but I couldn't get it work with a different gf server unless it's declared in a xml file I don't remember at this moment

- unstable: if the module which implements the service is reloaded, previously injected references are no longer valid

I prefer to use object lookup and deal with errors than resource injection. Maybe there is a way to deal with all that but all the books and code samples assume no errors.

Sorry for resource injection lovers.

---
Aniceto Perez
[Message sent by forum member 'aperezymadrid' (aperezymadrid)]