users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v2 ur2 JDBC Realm

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 01:07:31 PDT

My application (currently in tomcat 6.0) allows the admin users to create new guest user at runtime by making entry in the database realm table. So I can dynamically add new users and delete users. I need to migrate my application on Glassfish v2ur2. But there is a problem.

Whenever I am creating a new user from my web application I have to make
entry in sun-web.xml
<security-role-mapping>
<role-name>guest</role-name>
<principal-name> newly_added_user_name </principal-name>
</security-role-mapping>
and then restart the glassfish or else the application throws an error : HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied.
It doesn't identifies the user.

Can't it behave the same way Tomcat was behaving. My application has the functionality to create dynamic users and I need to have it in Glassfish. Please help
[Message sent by forum member 'pratham_vishnu' (pratham_vishnu)]