users@glassfish.java.net

Filtering access log to limit its size

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:19:17 PDT

Hi,

I would like to reduce the size of the access log. Is there a way to exclude loggings of images or specify a path filter (e.g. /my-app).

I came across some docs on Log Filter below, but it's for server.log.

Log Filter -- To filter log records that are sent to destinations such as server.log, syslog, or a destination specified by a custom log handler, you can plug in a custom log filter. The custom filter must implement the interface java.util.logging.Filter. Type the absolute class name of the filter in the Log Filter field. Also put the filter class in the Application Server classpath so that the filter is installed during server startup.
[Message sent by forum member 'tmv' (tmv)]