users@glassfish.java.net

I have datasource & connectionpool setup, should I need .dbschema file?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:05:49 PDT

Hi,
  I have created the connectionpool and corresponding datasource(jndi/abc).

sun-ejb-jar.xml
---------------------
<cmp-resource><jndi-name>jdbc/abc</jndi-name></cmp-resource>

sun-cmp-mappings.xml
<schema></schema>

[b]Expects schema name and FAILS when I try to deploy the application.[/b]

If I have the generated .dbschema file in the appropriate location and entry in sun-cmp-mappings.xml file, [b]it works fine.[/b]

When ever I change the database table structure, I should generate the .dbschema file to keep it up to date, is quite complex and I have my entity beans pointing to VIEWS, but the capture-schema command generates .dbschema file only for the tables.

[b]What should I do for the views?

Can I access entity beans/database/deploy the app without .dbschema file and entry in sun-cmp-mappings.xml?[/b]
[Message sent by forum member 'gjp' (gjp)]